[cairo] Paint a image in Cairo surface X11

Cedric Roux sed at free.fr
Fri Feb 5 18:32:31 CET 2016

Hi,

On 02/05/2016 06:15 PM, Uli Schlachter wrote:
> In X11, you have to handle redraws (Expose events).

this was my idea too.

> Thanks, attached is a fixed version (well, I am lazy; an Expose event contains
> information about which part of the window needs to be redrawn; the code just
> redraws everything).

does not work either.

I'm under fvwm here, debiqn testing.
Starting with a big image (let's say 800x800)
and a window size of 100x100, the Expose event
handler does not display anything.

Things start to work when I resize the window.
If the new width or height is > 800
(I didn't check the exact limit, something bigger
than source image) then Expose works fine.

(cairo 1.14.4 says pkg-config)