[cairo] Just getting started

Bryce Harrington bryce at osg.samsung.com
Thu Feb 11 01:11:31 UTC 2016

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 08:02:34PM -0500, Lucian Hodor wrote:
> Hello my name is Lucian,
>
> I recently started looking through the cairo library. I started working on
> adding triangular line caps as I saw it on the TODO list. I made some
> progress but I have a few questions I'd like to ask:
>    For some reason "make test" seems to contain quite a few errors and I
> can't figure out why. I'm using Ubuntu 14.04, and after running make test,
> all of the test run, but looking at the index.html file, there are a bunch
> of images that resulted in errors. Does anyone know why this is happening?

The tests have bitrotted over the years, it's been a long time since
they all passed.

(Patches to fix test failures warmly accepted...)

In some cases the tests are flagging actual flaws that need sorted, but
in a number of cases, it's just that the underlying machinery is
resulting in slightly differently (possibly better?) rendering behavior,
but since it differs from what was recorded in the reference images way
back when, they score as a fail.

Bryce