[cairo] Implementing cairo_read_func_t/cairo_write_func_t properly

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult enrico.weigelt at gr13.net
Sun Jan 3 09:37:25 PST 2016

On 02.01.2016 20:16, Bernhard Fischer wrote:

> Memory mapping (mmap()) and streaming (independently if buffered or on a file
> descriptor) are two completely different approaches.

Yeah, but I wonder, what's the benefit of streaming here at all.

The only benefit I see would be scenarios with quite large files /
streams where we already can do something useful with just parts of it.

Images usually are only useful when already downloaded completely. At
that you dont need streaming anymore, as you already have everything
in memory or on-disk.

--mtx
--
Enrico Weigelt,