[cairo] use of Cairo package with R

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Mon Jul 11 22:31:43 UTC 2016

On Mon, 11 Jul 2016 09:25:15 -0700, Joseph Norris wrote:

> I am having a real issue and I hope someone out there can direct me.
> I am moving a users R based system to a new Linux installation:
>
> 3.10.0-327.13.1.el7.x86_64 #1 SMP Thu Mar 31 16:04:38 UTC 2016 x86_64
> x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>
> I have R installed but the user needs Cairo.

On a Linux system, your first resort should be for packages from the
standard repo. Do you know what distro this is?

From my Debian Unstable system:

    root at theon:~ # apt-cache search "gnu r "
    r-cran-domc - GNU R parallel excution backend for %dopar% using multicore
    r-cran-doparallel - GNU R foreach parallel adaptor for the parallel package
    r-cran-littler - GNU R scripting and command-line front-end
    r-cran-highr - Syntax Highlighting for R Source Code
    r-cran-lambda.r - GNU R modeling data with functional programming
    r-cran-multicore - GNU R parallel processing on multi-core or multi-cpu machines
    rr-cran-nws - GNU R package for distributed programming via NetWorkSpaces
    python3-rpy2 - Python3 interface to the GNU R language and environment (version 2)

Altogether 362 different packages.