[cairo] clipmask of multiple rects in different angles

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult enrico.weigelt at gr13.net
Wed Jul 20 20:28:43 UTC 2016

On 20.07.2016 21:15, Theo Veenker wrote:

> Not an answer to your question, but if you just take the bounding box
> of the modified element and use that as a clip mask and clear and
> redraw everything that is in or partly in the box you can get very
> good performance in my experience.

I'm meanwhile clipping to only the regions to be redrawn. Doesn't seem
to get faster (xcb), but even slower (drm).

Maybe the damage tracking itself is slowing it down ... I'll now try to
cache the matrices.

By the way: is there a way to create a region and subsequently add new
boxes to it, without going via a context ?

--mtx