[cairo] Triangular Line Caps Patch

Adrian Johnson ajohnson at redneon.com
Thu Mar 10 21:53:29 UTC 2016

On 10/03/16 12:52, Lucian Hodor wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I finished writing a patch for adding Triangular Line caps. If someone
> could look it over and see if I did it correctly your input would be
> much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Lucian Hodor

As none of our vector backends support triangular line caps, the vector
backends will have to return CAIRO_INT_STATUS_UNSUPPORTED. This will
cause a fallback image to be painted in place of the stroke.

Replacing a drawing operation as simple as a stroked path with an image
in all our vector backends is not very useful.

A better approach for adding new line caps would be to first implement
stroke to path. Once we have this in place, line caps and joins that are
supported by at least one vector backend can be added to cairo in order
to allow native output on the supported backends. On vector backends
that don't support the new caps, stroke to path can be used to fallback
to outputting filled paths.

For other lines caps that are not supported by any of the vector
backends, we can add user defined line caps, which with stroke to path
convert the stroke to a filled path.