[cairo] How to make a pycairo release happen ?

Stuart Axon stuaxo2 at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 18 16:55:36 UTC 2016

Waf seems a pain.    I managed to upgrade (by following someones previous patch with some tweaks).
I'm trying to work out if I can at least make waf install virtualenv or pyvenv -
waf configure --prefix=$VIRTUAL_ENVwaf install

I had a quick look at your setup.py -
https://github.com/ldo/pycairo/blob/ldo/setup.py

And it looks pretty sane.

Of course it would be best to only have one place that does the compiling, if I can make waf act in a sane way WRT to virtualenv + pyvenv, I might experiment with making setup.py just call waf.

     S++

    On Saturday, September 17, 2016 11:26 PM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <ldo at geek-central.gen.nz> wrote:

 On Sat, 17 Sep 2016 16:11:44 +0000 (UTC), Stuart Axon wrote:

> In the meantime, I'm going to try and build some of the various
> patched pycairos, including your own.. S++

Yes of course. By the way, the original PyCairo source had a very
strange setup.py, that would do the build even when you were trying to
clean things up. I reworked that behaviour to be a bit more sane.

(I never figured out the “waf” stuff; “python3 setup.py install” and
“python3 setup.py clean --all” seemed to work fine for me.)