[cairo] ANN: pycairo release 1.11.0 now available

Christoph Reiter reiter.christoph at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 17:55:41 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

being frustrated with the state of pycairo (as a dependency of pygobject) I've
tried to improve things with this fork. If there are any questions or
suggestions please speak up!

Changelog: https://pycairo.readthedocs.io/en/latest/changelog.html
Tarball: https://github.com/pygobject/pycairo/releases/tag/v1.11.0

The main reasons why you should consider this fork/release as the way forward:

* Python 2 and 3 version in the same source. It is API/ABI compatible with
  both py2cairo 1.10.0 and py3cairo 1.10.0.

* Provides the same API and functionality on both Python 2 and 3. This
  includes cairo.Error, cairo.Region, cairo.RectangleInt,
  cairo.RecordingSurface, cairo.ImageSurface.get_data() and
  cairo.ImageSurface.create_for_data().

* Licensed under LGPLv2.1/MPLv1.1

* Uses distutils as a build system instead of waf or autotools. Building
  pycairo is a "setup.py install" away now. For example I've already
  integrated it into msys2 and jhbuild locally, which just worked.

* Basic travis-ci integration: https://travis-ci.org/pygobject/pycairo

I encourage everyone using pycairo/py2cairo/py3cairo to update to this
release.

(In case you're wondering, I've tried to contact the original maintainer but
the email bounces)