[cairo] cairo packaging and Makefile.am.features

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult enrico.weigelt at gr13.net
Fri Apr 14 05:09:06 UTC 2017

Hi folks,

(xposting to cairo, debian maintainers and devuan list)

I'm currently packaging recent cairo (w/ drm patches) for several deb
Distros, and ran into trouble w/ missing Makefile.am.features files.

Debian just adds these files directly (along w/ other stuff, eg. some
prebuit docs - unfortunately within orig tarball), which look different
from the ones automatically created on automake:

a) lacking stuff for the drm backends I've added
b) lacking stuff for the perf utils added by debian (they add them to
   the normal build process, which I'd also propose to be taken up
   by mainline)

Therefore, these files *really* should always be autogenerated and
strictly kept out of the src tree / tarball.

autogen.sh touch creates these files empty, but as dpkg infrastructure
drives the autotools machinery on its own (for good reaons), I'd like
to keep it that way instead of overriding it and call it autogen.sh
instead.

When / by whom exactly are these files created ? Is there any way to
teach automake+frieds to generate them (via configure.ac etc), w/o
complaining and w/o the need of extra preparations and special
commands ?

--mtx

--

mit freundlichen Grüßen