[cairo] Transformations usage

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Wed Dec 6 18:29:33 UTC 2017

It is  probably easier to use a series of cairo transforms. But I
think the main problem is that the y in the matrix needs to be
height-offset.

If you have a point XY in your map that you want to be in the center
of the window, I would do this:

 cairo_translate(cr, -X, -Y); // put center at 0,0
 cairo_scale(cr, 1, -1); // flip from y-up to y-down
 cairo_rotate(cr, r); // rotate ccw by r degrees
 cairo_scale(cr, s, s); // scale where s is pixels/meter
 cairo_translate(cr, w/2, h/2); // move center back to center of
window of size w×h