[cairo] Build Cairo for iOS iPhone platform

Andrea Canciani ranma42 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 14:40:22 UTC 2017

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 11:39 AM, Stuart Axon <stuaxo2 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't see why not, when it comes to licensing at least.
>
> It has certainly been built on iOS before -
> https://github.com/sseefried/cairo-1.12.16-ios
>

> S++
>

> On Thursday, January 19, 2017 8:36 AM, Lawrence D'Oliveiro <
> ldo at geek-central.gen.nz> wrote:
>

> On Thu, 19 Jan 2017 14:38:45 +0800, HuaGuang wrote:
>
> > ... i want to use Cairo on my iOS  devices ...
>
> Is that allowed?
>
> The configuration and/or build might need some changes as the current
configure[.ac] is unable to correctly detect the iOS frameworks.
Additionally, as shown in the changes by Sean, you might need to define
some missing types or kill the code that relies on them (the main thing I
see in those patches is ATSUI, a legacy font backend).
Be warned that cairo-quartz used to call some functions that were not
exposed through the public API and this might be forbidden to applications
that are meant for the AppStore.
IIRC the backend was cleaned up so that these functions are only used if
(dynamically) detected as available, but I am not sure if this is allowed
by the store rules.

Andrea