[cairo] Getting Bezier Control Points from a Smoothing Function

cecashon at aol.com cecashon at aol.com
Wed Jun 21 03:06:40 UTC 2017

My thinking is to use Cairo to draw dynamic gauges packaged in GTK widgets that will work with a frame clock. This is how I started looking into drawing ring gradients which led me to trying to find the Bezier points of a set of coordinates to see if that might be a better solution to drawing ring gradients. Need the drawing speed of C on this one. The Cairo gauges work and look good. The gradient draw times don't make it under 1/60 of a second on a slow computer so I added an extra thread and as long as the screen doesn't resize, it is super speedy. Just the gauge needle is redrawn. A little drawing delay on screen resizes.

Some fun programming.

Eric