[cairo] Shouldn't Cairo use/offer degrees rather than radians?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Thu Jun 29 02:18:35 UTC 2017

I wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Jun 2017 12:34:34 +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
>
> > That is more than Cairo can deliver right now.
>
> Only by special-casing

Which has consequences. Enclosed is a plot I just did of
double-precision y = cos(x), in epsilon steps in the vicinity of x =
π/2. This is supposed to be almost exactly a straight line, but as you
can see, special-casing y = 0 at the midpoint introduces a kink into the
line. This kind of thing can have consequences.