[cairo] Shouldn't Cairo use/offer degrees rather than radians?

Bill Spitzak spitzak at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 17:51:14 UTC 2017

David's code seems to be an alternative to atan2 that returns degrees.
It has a bunch of kludges to hide the fact that the atan2d he is
calling internally apparently just calls atan2 and multiplies by
180/pi. He then has another function that is in effect calculating
sin() and cos() and has even more kludges to detect multiples of 45
degrees.

The work needed in the second function indicates that passing degrees
does not really help.

Although it seems like it helps as far as I can tell if you don't want
discontinuities then adjusting the sin/cos results for N*pi/2 is
exactly the same difficulty whether degrees or radians are used.
Basically it amounts to detecting if a/90 or a/M_PI_2 is near an
integer, and is thus exactly the same problem.