[cairo] PATCH cairo-www: Simpler explanation for how to get sharp, single-pixel-wide lines

Guillermo Rodriguez guillerodriguez.dev at gmail.com
Thu May 18 09:24:05 UTC 2017

<guille.rodriguez at gmail.com>:
>> On Wed, 17 May 2017 21:28:22 +0200, Olaf Schmidt wrote:
>>
>>> - btnHello2 following the suggestion of Lawrence (which has its
>>>    place, but I'd think it should only be mentioned "in addition":
>>>   (in case one wants to render straight horizontal or vertical lines
>>> only)
>>
>> Which is what the question in the FAQ was asking.
>
> Except for the "only" bit.
>
> The question in the FAQ talks about horizontal and vertical lines, but
> unless you are writing an application that ONLY draws vertical and
> horizontal straight lines (which doesn't seem to be very common) it is
> pretty obvious that whoever has this problem would like to have a
> solution that does not affect everything else.

BTW here's an excerpt from a post by Carl Worth from this same mailing list [1]:

===
The answer here is not to "turn off antialiasing", but instead to adjust
your geometry as needed to align with the device pixels.
===

 [1]: https://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2004-October/002039.html

Guillermo