[cairo] RBG subpixel rendering on a SDL surface?

yuuki yuuki at vivaldi.net
Sat Oct 7 08:11:41 UTC 2017

Hi, I'm trying to use Cairo to draw on a SDL surface (i.e. an image
surfaces).
Following this page (https://www.cairographics.org/SDL/), drawing
works fine but I can't get subpixel rendering working for fonts.

 From the doc it seems the only thing to do is to set a
cairo_font_options_t
with the correct options to the context, but that doesn't seem to work.
I can get
grayscale antialiasing but never RGB.

I've seen that surfaces also have a cairo_font_options_t but that this
one cannot
be changed. So my questions are:

- Is it supposed to work or not ?
- What factors determines how fonts get drawn (context, surface, other
things... ) ?
- Is there a way to get RBG subpixel rendering working with SDL ?

Thanks!