[cairo] conditionals for older freetype2 without color font feature

suzuki toshiya mpsuzuki at hiroshima-u.ac.jp
Wed Apr 11 15:36:24 UTC 2018

Dear Bryce,

Sorry for the lated response, I appreciate your effort to improve
my confusing comment...

Bryce Harrington wrote:
> /* Define to nothing if freetype2 supports color fonts */
> #define FT_HAS_COLOR(x) (0)
>
> But actually we only want to define to (0) if freetype2 does *not*
> support color fonts, right?  "Define to nothing" might be a bit
> ambiguous though (does it mean undefine?  define to blank?  define to
> zero?)  So, my suggestion is for it to maybe look more like this:
>
> /* Define to (0) if freetype2 does not support color fonts */
> #define FT_HAS_COLOR(x) (0)
>
> What do you think?  I apologize for being nitpicky on a mere comment,
> but thank you for taking the extra time on this.

Please do not apologize! The comments making the developers
confused must be avoided...

Oh, the suggested comment is clearly better. I wonder why I could
not do like this (maybe "Define to XXX if we *have* YYY" style was
deeply hardwired in my brain). Here is the reworked patch.

Regards,
mpsuzuki