[cairo] since which version? cairo.Format

Christoph Reiter reiter.christoph at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 15:57:14 UTC 2018

On Mon, Dec 17, 2018 at 12:42 PM <buhtz at posteo.de> wrote:

> I am using cairo with Python3 on Debian stable. It is cairo
> version 1.10.0.
>
> This version doesn't have a "cairo.Format.RGB24". I need to use
> "cairo.FORMAT_RGB24" instead.
>
> But the cairo-Version on Debian unstable does implement "cairo.Format".
>
> To take care of this version differences in my own application: Since
> which version is this implemented? I could not find a changelog in the
> source repository to check this for my self.

It was added with 1.13, see
https://pycairo.readthedocs.io/en/latest/reference/enums.html#cairo.Format

Here is the list of constants in the old format:
https://pycairo.readthedocs.io/en/latest/reference/legacy_constants.html

In all cases the docs should state a version when things were added.
If not please file a bug :)