[cairo] Heiko Lewin added to the cairo GitLab group

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Fri Dec 11 18:58:06 UTC 2020

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 07:28:55PM +0100, Uli Schlachter wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Just FYI: I just added Heiko Lewin to the cairo group on GitLab. Heiko
> made a really good impression in recent times. He reviewed MRs and
> analysed issues, showing good abilities to navigate and understand
> cairo's source code. Thanks for your work and time.

Congrats Heiko!  I was also thinking he should be added.

> This newest additions brings the cairo GitLab group to 95 members. Wow.
> 93 of these were added in the conversion to GitLab two years ago.

I expect many of them are long inactive.  It would probably be smart to
keep an eye out for other folks actively doing reviews and analysis that
may be worth promoting.

> Cheers,
> Uli
>
> P.S.: The table at https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/help/user/permissions
> is too long and was not as helpful as I wished it was.

The Maintainer role is probably where more helpers are needed, since
they can add team members and tinker with the CI settings.  I don't
think Cairo's stable branches are set to be protected (maybe they
should?)  but if they were, only Maintainers would be able to land stuff
there.

Bryce