[cairo] Memory leak with font variations

Tobias Fleischer (reduxFX) tobias.fleischer at reduxfx.com
Thu Jun 11 05:38:42 UTC 2020

 Unfortunately, I just found out it is not the only location where this is
happening :(
For example cairo_scaled_font_create() also calls
_cairo_font_options_init_copy(), which then leads to a leak.
I tried to add these lines to _cairo_scaled_font_fini_internal():
_cairo_font_options_fini (&scaled_font->options);
scaled_font->options.variations = NULL;

But that didn't help, I still get leaks because of unmatched malloc/free
blocks. Maybe it has to do with the fontmap caching/release count here?

Or maybe we shouldn't try to duplicate the variation option string at all,
but just copy the pointer and say it is up to the calling application to
guarantee its existence?
A fixed char array could also be an option but that does sound very hacky.