[cairo] Time for a release ?

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Thu Nov 19 21:57:15 UTC 2020

On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 04:58:11PM +0100, Uli Schlachter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am 19.11.20 um 00:03 schrieb Stuart Axon:
> > On 16/11/2020 16:21, Uli Schlachter wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> I am not sure. The "meson stuff" was only merged three months ago, so is
> >> quite new. I guess it works in the common settings, but I'd expect the
> >> "autotools stuff" to cause less problems.

> >> I'm sorry, but I do not understand the question. Which LATEST are you
> >> talking about?
> >
> > The symlinks in the folder on here
> > https://www.cairographics.org/releases/ point to cairo 1.16.0
>
> Okay, so... where would you want it to point to instead? cairo 1.16.0 is
> the latest stable release, I think.

IIRC this symlink gets updated automatically by the release machinery,
so as long as the documented process is followed for releases this
should always be correct.  So fwiw, if it isn't then it's not just a
matter of fixing up the link, but correcting the error in the release
machinery.

There's a lot of steps that have been automated over the years in the
autotools code that helps avoid making errors when pushing releases, so
if/when the machinery gets ported to meson it would be helpful to port
it over.