[cairo] Problems to compile cairo with pango support

Fontana Nicola ntd at entidi.it
Sat Oct 3 09:28:29 UTC 2020

Il giorno ven, 02/10/2020 alle 21.54 +0300, alexandre schenberg ha scritto:
> Fair enough, however your assumption about my lack of reading of "configure --
> help", is totally. incorrect. I did read it, however, "CAIRO_LIBS linker flags
> for CAIRO, overriding pkg-config" is not enough information to know precisely
> what shall be done (well, at least for me).

That is boilerplate text from pkg-config [1]: you cannot say that pango
is broken when it has very little to do with your issue.

There is no magic involved here: `{$MODULE}_CFLAGS` overrides the output
of `pkg-config --cflags {$MODULE}` while `{$MODULE}_LIBS` overrides the
output of `pkg-config --libs {$MODULE}`. No idea what your real issue is
but keep in mind `PKG_CONFIG_PATH` is a `:` separated list of folders
where `.pc` files reside, not the path to `pkg-config`. The latter can
be specified explicitely with `PKG_CONFIG`.

[1]
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/pkg-config/pkg-config/-/blob/master/pkg.m4.in#L141

Ciao.
--