[cairo] Help with linking to opengl32.dll from MinGW

Antonio Ospite ao2 at ao2.it
Wed Sep 16 13:30:49 UTC 2020

Hi,

I am on linux and cross-compiling cairo for Windows using meson and
MinGW with this cross-file:

[host_machine]
system = 'windows'
cpu_family = 'x86_64'
cpu = 'x86_64'
endian = 'little'

[properties]
c_args = []
c_link_args = []

[binaries]
c = 'x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc'
cpp = 'x86_64-w64-mingw32-g++'
ar = 'x86_64-w64-mingw32-ar'
strip = 'x86_64-w64-mingw32-strip'
pkgconfig = 'x86_64-w64-mingw32-pkg-config'
windres = 'x86_64-w64-mingw32-windres'

and this command line:

$ meson \
  -Dprefix="$PWD/install" \
  --cross-file meson_mingw_w64_x86-64.txt \
  build-meson/
$ ninja -C build-meson/

And I got some linkage issues with opengl32.dll which are fixed by these
changes: https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/cairo/cairo/-/merge_requests/54

I am not the original author of the changes, so I need some help to
validate the changes.

Can anyone more familiar with Windows and/or OpenGL please help in
reviewing that MR?

Would the changes have drawbacks on other platforms?
Is the commit message accurate enough?

Thanks,
   Antonio

--