[cairo] Wayland remote rendering: Cairo/Pango as Remote Calls over VNC

Tarnyko tarnyko at tarnyko.net
Tue Aug 24 18:29:32 UTC 2021

Hi folks,

Very interesting heads-up about the ctx graphics framework, thanks for
lettings me/us now.

As for Wayland remote rendering in general, you may be interested about the
Waypipe project :

https://mstoeckl.com/notes/gsoc/blog.html

I exchanged a few messages with the author back then, and stopped -as demand
is quite low. It's supposed to hook onto executables, but you may very well
use it with a library.

(here is a demo with a pure Wayland video player -Celluloid- running through
a remote on the Weston compositor :
https://www.tarnyko.net/repo/waypipe.png )

Performance is quite good but maybe not optimized for this usage.

Regards,
Tarnyko