[cairo] cairomm: Visual Studio WIN32 define clash with Surface::Type::WIN32

Petr Kobalíček kobalicek.petr at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 17:14:08 UTC 2021

You can do that with #pragma push_macro() / pop_macro(), see:

  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/preprocessor/push-macro?view=msvc-160

I think that compatibility with various libraries and build systems is
always a greater deal than opinions about what's right or wrong. The
problem can be fixed by introducing a synonym to WIN32 (name already
proposed) together with still providing the old WIN32 name guarded by
push_macro() / pop_macro() - that way no project would break and new
projects can start using the new symbol instead.