[cairo] [Bug?] Differences in error detection between a native linux-64 and a mingw (Windows) crossbuild.

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Fri Jul 30 14:45:12 UTC 2021

Hi,

Am 30.07.21 um 15:12 schrieb Knut Petersen:
[...]
> I really don't know if cairo should silently ignore such a request to
> generate a link or if it should produce an error status != success. But
> at least I would have expected that such a condition is handled
> identically on different platforms.

Random, untested guess: One build has strtod_l() and newlocale() in libc
and uses that. The other build uses a hand-written _cairo_strod() that
can definitely not parse "inf".

I'm not quite sure what to make about this. Perhaps it would be best to
always use the fallback instead of the more powerful strtod_l()...?

Cheers,Uli
--
- He wants the impossible...!
- That's the short definition of 'captain'.