[cairo] Cairo samples using RCairo on Windows - Ok to use?

Mohit Sindhwani ml3p at onghu.com
Fri May 28 15:54:26 UTC 2021

Hi Everyone,

After a very long break from Cairo and especially RCairo, I started to
explore it again this week. As I went through it, I first created a
brief page to explain to people that RCairo on Windows works perfectly
fine with a modern Ruby. This is online at:
https://notepad.onghu.com/2021/ruby-cairo-installation-windows/

Next up, I am revisiting what I used to know, and I'm approaching that
by converting all the samples on https://www.cairographics.org/samples/
from C to Ruby, noting the few small changes that I am making to get
them to run.

I intend to:
1) Put a blog post that shows the original C code, matching Ruby code
and the output
2) Put up the Ruby samples into a GitHub repository for reference

So, the question I have is:
* Is there any copyright issue in doing #1?
- can I re-publish the C code from the site along with the Ruby code on
my page?
Based on this line on the page: All of his original snippet code is
considered to be part of the public domain
I expect I am clear to do this, but just want a quick Yay or Nay :)

Finally, once I have the page up, could it be linked to from the
official Cairo page for whoever needs it?

Best Regards,
Mohit.
2021-5-28 | 11:38 pm.