[cairo] Embedding EPS files

Han-Wen Nienhuys hanwenn at gmail.com
Mon Nov 8 09:23:30 UTC 2021

Hi there,

I'm trying to embed an EPS file into Cairo's PS output. I've scoured
the internet in vain for an example of how to do this, and it looks
like this feature is untested (at least, the test/ directory does not
reference CAIRO_MIME_TYPE_EPS.)

I tried to follow the instructions (see here:
https://gitlab.com/hanwenn/lilypond/-/commit/789e08e60f6ef757f895cf76061d80688c50558b),
but it doesn't seem to work. When running, I get:

$ lilypond --ps -dbackend=cairo input/regression/markup-eps.ly
..
Output to `markup-eps.ps'...
warning: Cairo context status 'invalid tag name, attributes, or nesting'
warning: Cairo surface status 'invalid tag name, attributes, or nesting'
warning: Cairo context status 'invalid tag name, attributes, or nesting'
warning: Cairo surface status 'invalid tag name, attributes, or nesting'

Could anyone provide me with an example?

thanks,

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys - hanwenn at gmail.com - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen