[cairo] Dev setup for cairo - containers ?

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Fri Sep 16 13:20:13 UTC 2022

On Fri, 2022-09-16 at 11:12 +0000, Stuart Axon wrote:

Hi Stuart,

> Dev env sounds useful (I'm used to python which has something that
> seems analogous).
>
> I'm very new to meson, I noticed there are .wrap files.
>
> Is it possible to have a .wrap file to have cairo as a dependency and
> change some config, e.g. to enable a non-default cairo back-end ?

That's right, that should be possible. You can make a 'subproject()'
call in your superproject meson.build to always force use of it as a
subproject so it never tries the system dependency.

You also don't necessarily need a devenv then - on Linux at least any
binaries in the build directory built as part of the meson build should
be using rpath as far as I know, so should pick up the libcairo from
the in-build-tree subproject build then.

Cheers
 Tim