[Cairo] Re: Xrender transforms...

Sven Luther sven.luther at wanadoo.fr
Mon Aug 11 09:27:01 PDT 2003

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 at 11:08:33AM -0400, Owen Taylor wrote:
> On Sun, 2003-08-10 at 19:05, Carsten Haitzler wrote:
>
> > > The current plan for addressing the second two is to do it as part of
> > > the 'libic' library so the same code can be used in the X server and in
> > > the software fallbacks for Cairo. I think a couple of people have taken
> > > a look at doing that optimization work, though I'm not sure if anybody
> > > is working on it actively at this time.
> >
> > libic? hmmm part of Xr? or Xc? i have handy code to optimize paths when you
> > need it. For now it happily lurks at the bottom of all my own software
> > rendering pipelines... :)
>
> It used to be libXr depends on libXc depends on libic. But libXr and
> libXc have now been merged and renamed to 'Cairo'.

BTW, why not merge all of the libs in it. I tried building debian
packages, but it is not easy as the later libs depend on the earlier to
already be installed and such. Doing a package per lib would be a
solution, but i doubt it makes sense to create a package for slim for
example.

Anyway, it would be nice to have a nice wrapper package/build system for
when Cairo starts making releases.

Actually i should post things like that to the cairo mailing list.

Friendly,

Sven Luther