[Cairo] Re: Xrender transforms...

Keith Packard keithp at keithp.com
Wed Aug 13 15:40:09 PDT 2003

Around 18 o'clock on Aug 11, Sven Luther wrote:

> BTW, why not merge all of the libs in it. I tried building debian
> packages, but it is not easy as the later libs depend on the earlier to
> already be installed and such. Doing a package per lib would be a
> solution, but i doubt it makes sense to create a package for slim for
> example.

The intent is to make libic usable both in the client and the X server so
that only a single copy of the rendering functions are in memory.  That
may "force" other modules to be more separate than would otherwise be
necessary.  The same will likely be true of libpixregion which is just the
region code stolen from the X server.

-keith