[cairo] OS X backend

Nathan Gray n8gray at caltech.edu
Thu Dec 4 23:37:20 PST 2003

Hi folks,

I'm starting an attempt to hack together an OS X quartz backend for
cairo.  It seems that the build process is not so cross-platform at the
moment, however, and I'm hitting some bumps.

1.  Apple has a tool called libtool that, alas, is not the same as Gnu
libtool.  Thus libtoolize is called glibtoolize on OS X.

2.  After fixing the above issue in autogen.sh I get this error during
./configure:
   ./configure: line 19648: syntax error near unexpected token `XRENDER,'
   ./configure: line 19648: `  PKG_CHECK_MODULES(XRENDER, xrender >=
0.6)'

I'm no autotools stud so I don't really know what the problem might be.
  Here's the nearby code from configure:

if test "x$have_x" != "xyes"; then
   XLIB_BACKEND_DEFINE=CAIRO_HAS_NO_XLIB_BACKEND
else
   XLIB_BACKEND_DEFINE=CAIRO_HAS_XLIB_BACKEND
   PKG_CHECK_MODULES(XRENDER, xrender >= 0.6)
fi

If there's any other info I can provide please let me know.

Cheers,
-n8