[Cairo] Color transforms

Michael Meeks michael at ximian.com
Thu Jul 17 08:29:49 PDT 2003

Hi Carl,

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 14:43, Carl Worth wrote:
>  > Or whatever. If it's set up this way, then you don't have to worry about
>  > having lots of methods that only apply for some output devices.
>
> Hopefully there won't be lots of functions. I think most of the
> device-specific stuff can be handled at that time of device-specific
> surface creation.
>
> show_page is certainly one one truly unique capability. Are there many
> others that people can think of?

	Presumably for .png there are a load of strange compression options
which would work well at device surface creation, but for .pdf are there
not all manner of web-linking / even more exotic bits that people may
want emitted ?

	It's not at all obvious to me how to support that sort of thing short
of exposing the internals of the backend rendering method somehow.

	But perhaps I missed the point,

	Regards,

		Michael.

--