[Cairo] Color transforms

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Thu Jul 17 08:04:57 PDT 2003

On Jul 17, Michael Meeks wrote:
 > 	Presumably for .png there are a load of strange compression options
 > which would work well at device surface creation, but for .pdf are there
 > not all manner of web-linking / even more exotic bits that people may
 > want emitted ?

PDF does have lots of exotic things. But Cairo does not intend to be
the be-all and end-all of PDF creation libraries. Cairo intends to be
a 2D graphics library capable of drawing to displays or images,
(whether raster images or PDF/PostScript).

So I don't see it as a problem that Cairo won't expose an API for
generating all of that.