[Cairo] cairo API suggestion

James Henstridge james at daa.com.au
Fri Sep 12 18:19:39 PDT 2003

On 13/09/03 02:20, Bill Spitzak wrote:

>Don't such ideas make assumptions that Cairo is running locally?
>
>I would prefer a system by which all "objects" *could* in fact be id numbers
>that refer to unaccessable and unreadable objects in a different memory
>space. Of course this is not true of Cairo right now, but it would be nice to
>allow it.

How on earth would cairo_surface_create_for_image() be implemented so
that the surface would be remote.  It seems that it would always refer
to a local surface.

I simply want to want a way to get notified when the surface is no
longer in use.  This way, I can ensure that the memory buffer it isn't
destroyed until Cairo is finished with it.  This seems fairly easy to
add to the API at this point, and will make it much easier to produce
robust language bindings.

James.

Email: james at daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/