[cairo] Python-cairo update

Maarten Breddels dmon at xs4all.nl
Sun Apr 18 11:40:20 PDT 2004

Hi James,

I've been using your python binding quite intensively lately, they are
way better than my binding. But it was missing some current cairo
features, like patterns. So I've added pattern support, updated
PyCairoContext, PyCairoSurface, and wrapped functions for creating the
png and ps surfaces.
I also added a PyCairoPixmap class, which is basicly a wrapper around a
piece of memory, and has some methods to write and read rgb(a) data
usings strings. It's not perfect, but it's sufficient for using it in
combination with PIL or wxPython.
I also changed the cairo-demo.py, I've put all cairo specific code in
demo.py, and now gtk-demo.py, wxPython-demo.py, win32-demo.py,
ps-demo.py and png-demo.py all use this code. So all these files show
how to use cairo. I should actually also create a PIL-demo.py and
Tk-demo.py, maybe later.
So I'll hereby send you the diff, and the files I've added, I hope you
are willing to add these to cvs. (Sorry, I can't create a patch, don't
know what the problem is)

-Maarten Breddels