[cairo] glitz-miniglx and root drawable

Jon Smirl jonsmirl at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 22:11:58 PDT 2004

--- "Rogelio M.Serrano Jr." <rogelio at smsglobal.net> wrote:
> > This is all just temporary hacks right now to get glitz running
> > with miniglx for testing purposes. What we really want to do, is
> > to implement a full glitz mesa-solo backend someday, right?
> >
> You mean we use glitz in the server? I undertand that mesa-solo is
> targeted to become ddx driver. In that case no need for a mesa-solo
> backend.

mesa-solo is targeted to be the backend of X on GL. So in the long run
you would not run glitz directly on it. Instead you would run Glitz on
DRI which would map to mesa-solo plus give you windowing via X.

On the other hand, this doesn't mean that people don't want to play
with glitz on mesa-solo while we are trying to get everything else working.

=====
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl at yahoo.com