[cairo] glitz-miniglx and root drawable

Rogelio M.Serrano Jr. rogelio at smsglobal.net
Mon Aug 9 22:26:18 PDT 2004

On 2004-08-10 09:09:38 +0800 David Reveman <c99drn at cs.umu.se> wrote:

> On Thu, 2004-08-05 at 23:42 +0800, Rogelio M.Serrano Jr. wrote:
>> Can we use the root drawable as the onscreen surface in glitztest?
>
> Sure, that would work.
> This is all just temporary hacks right now to get glitz running with
> miniglx for testing purposes. What we really want to do, is to
> implement
> a full glitz mesa-solo backend someday, right?
>
> -David

I have been thinking a lot about this lately. The main purpose is to
write an opengl based xserver right? Then how is this possible with
the current xorg server? If glitz is in the server how are we going to
export the glitz api? Through the xrender extension? Can we also put
cairo in the server? Or is cairo client side only. How does the xorg
server manage client windows now?