[cairo] API request: obtain the trapezoids that are outside of the surface

Jost Boekemeier jost2345 at yahoo.de
Mon Aug 16 11:39:37 PDT 2004

Hi,

I want to split the retained-mode "szene graph" into two parts, one that
exists on the server-side and one that the retained-mode implementation
must handle.

Consider the following code:

  cairo_set_target_surface(cairo_surface_create(20, 20));
  cairo_new_path();
  cairo_move_to(0, 0);
  cairo_line_to(1000, 10000);
  cairo_stroke();

Now I would like to know if the above path fits onto the surface and, if
not, I need a way to retrieve the trapezoids that cairo has discarded.

What do you think about the following API function:

extern boolean
cairo_current_path_discarded(cairo_t			*cr,
		    cairo_move_to_func_t	*move_to,
		    cairo_line_to_func_t	*line_to,
		    cairo_curve_to_func_t	*curve_to,
		    cairo_close_path_func_t	*close_path,