[cairo] API request: obtain the trapezoids that are outside of the surface

Jost Boekemeier jost2345 at yahoo.de
Tue Aug 17 12:02:03 PDT 2004

 --- Carl Worth <cworth at east.isi.edu> schrieb:

> But is it important to add an interface to cairo to
> provide this?  You
> gave cairo the bounds of the target surface and all
> of the data to
> draw. So you already have all the necessary
> information you need to
> determine if it fit fairly easily, no?

Not without tesselating.  For example even if all the
base points of a spline are inside, that does not
necessarily mean that the whole spline is inside.

The only workaround would be to ask the _user_ for the
bounding box of the path.  Which would mean that we
have exactly one shape for one path, which is a little
bit lame. I want that it is possible to use a graphics
primitive _or_ a shape within a container:

Jost