[cairo] Another glitz - another problem

David Reveman c99drn at cs.umu.se
Wed Dec 1 02:37:35 PST 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 02:23 -0800, Alex Dubov wrote:
> Thank you.
> I thought that glitz_surface_create call makes the
> whole job (as it gets drawable as argument). I could
> not guess that glitz_surface_attach is needed too.
>
> On this occasion, can you recommend  the correct
> procedure for resizing of surfaces and/or drawables?
> Their constructors accept width and height parameters,
> but what if I want to resize an existing surface?

You can easily update the size of a drawable with
glitz_drawable_update_size. If you like to change with size of a surface
as well (and you probably like to do that), you'll have to destroy the
old surface and create a new one with the appropriate size and attach it
to the correct position of the drawable.