[cairo] Help required with redraw problems

Charles Tuckey ctuckey at verano.com
Thu Mar 25 17:54:30 PST 2004

[I am forwarding this to the mailing list on Soorya Kuloor's behalf]

  Hi Carl,

  We are using cairo on a real-time schematic display application. We have
  run into some serious problems during redraws. The schematic displays
  have animated parts that flash with alternating colors when there are
  problems with the monitored system. When the flashing happens cairo
  consumes more CPU cycles than is acceptable. We think the only choice
  for us is to speed up Cairo. We need speed up of atleast by a factor of
  2 and we have until Monday to do this :-((.

  We are using cairo version 0.1.17. We are using the pixman backend and
  we cannot use Render backend. Would there be any benefits to moving to a
  newer version? May be the OpenGL backend? Is there any particular part
  of Cairo or the libpixman, that we can speed up? We do not use any
  sophisticated capabilities such as transparency or pattern based fills.
  We use text (a lot).

  Any suggestions or help is greatly appreciated.

  Thanks,
  -- Soorya

--
Charles Tuckey, MSc.
Software Developer

  © Copyright 2004 Verano Inc. owns copyright content of this document
and all attachments unless otherwise indicated. All rights reserved.
Users of Verano Inc. software and tools associated with the software
such as sales & marketing collateral, presentations, user manuals,
training documentation etc. may not republish nor reproduce in whole or
in part the information, in any form or by any means, in any manner
whatsoever without the prior written permission of Verano Inc., and any
such unauthorized use constitutes copyright infringement. An
acknowledgement of the source must be included whenever Verano Inc.
material is copied or published. If you require further information on a
permitted use or license to reproduce or republish any material, address
your inquiry to Verano Inc.Suite 120, 575 West Street, Mansfield,
Massachusetts, 02048-1164. Any infringement of Verano Inc. rights  will
result in appropriate legal action. Verano Inc. disclaims any and all
liability for any consequences which may result from any unauthorized
reproduction or use of this Work whatsoever.