[cairo] Write ups on Microsoft Avalon

Gustavo J. A. M. Carneiro gjc at inescporto.pt
Fri May 7 06:55:58 PDT 2004

A Sex, 2004-05-07 às 14:44, Jon Smirl escreveu:
> Did you compare enough to make sure that Cairo offers all of the basic
> operations that Avalon does? It will be a problem later if Avalon is offering

  No, I did not.

> "wonderfully complex gradient type" and Cairo does not offer an equivalent API.
> If Cairo is missing basic compatibility at the drawing operation level it will
> be very difficult for things like mono to fix it.

  You're right.  Someone more knowledgeable than me should verify this
issue before Cairo's API is frozen.  But I don't see how Cairo can be so
different as to not be able to realize XAML's interface.  At most, you
would get very small differences in the rendered output, but nothing so
substantial that the average end user would notice.

  Regards.

--
Gustavo João Alves Marques Carneiro
<gjc at inescporto.pt> <gustavo at users.sourceforge.net>