[cairo] Compiling Cairo with MinGW under Win32

Hans Breuer hans at breuer.org
Mon Nov 1 10:34:22 PST 2004

At 16:54 01.11.2004, Owen Taylor wrote:
>[...] I don't think any code
>has been posted yet, but people have done work on both WGL
>and GDI+ backends for Cairo; either would be compilable with
>MingW (or msvc).

Memory is short (I even was searching this in 2003;-). To the point:

there already is (or should I say was?) a native win32 backend (
using just plain GDI). And in fact it had working code - but IIRC was rejected
cause of not being buildable with autotools. See:

http://www.cairographics.org/pipermail/cairo/2004-July/001581.html

It isn't build with Mingw/autotools though, cause I never managed to
get such an environment working ...

Regards,
         Hans