[cairo] Cairo perl bindings

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Nov 4 08:13:02 PST 2004

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 10:37:24 -0500 (EST), "Ross McFarland" wrote:
> i'll try and go through tonight and do all of this stuff.

Great.

> any thoughts on an appropriate module name when it goes into cvs:
>
>    cairo-perl
>    perl-Cairo

Either of those (or similar) would be fine by me. Whatever fits best
into perl sensibilities. I generally prefer all-lowercase names for CVS
modules, but I haven't insisted on it for the bindings.

Looking over the existing module names for bindings, it looks like
"cairo-perl" would fit in well. That matches cairo-ocaml and has the
same ordering as CairoJava.

There are more bindings that use language-derivative prefixes: hscairo,
pycairo, rcairo, but that's probably not sufficiently descriptive for
general use, (think python, perl, php, etc.).

> thanks. i see a lot of promise in cairo and i wouldn't want perl developers to
> miss out on all of the fun.

Excellent. I have a lot of fun with cairo, and I'm always glad to see
that others find cairo fun too.

Have fun!