[cairo] Pen vertex estimation solutions

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Tue Oct 12 12:10:25 PDT 2004

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:19:49 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> Thanks for the corrections, I think they're all right.

You're welcome. Since you two came up with all the math, I figured the
least I could do was check it over.

> You'll need to do:
>
> 	$ apt-get install mule-ucs

OK. That worked I guess. If I run emacs alone it can draw your message,
(though I happen to get the big-and-ugliest greater-than-or-equal-to
glyph I have ever seen in my life).

I'd prefer to get it working with "emacs -nw" since my terminal
(currently xterm) does much nicer-looking font rendering of course. But
there, I'm just getting a '?' for each non-ASCII character. Is this
because xterm does merge multiple fonts together? Oh, but pointing it at
a font with larger unicode coverage also didn't seem to help.

Anyone else out there have some guidance to help rescue me from the land
of ASCII? Or will I have to wait for someone to convert emacs to use
Xft?

> Think of it as a subtle way to encourage developers to migrate to UTF-8
> capable tools.

Accepted. I'm trying...

> The code awaits a commit on my hard disk.

Please feel free to commit. The math looks solid.