[cairo] Cairo developers conference call 2004-10-19 18:00 UTC

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Thu Oct 14 13:18:39 PDT 2004

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 13:05:55 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> I know we've never done a conference call before, but I thought we could
> give it a try and see if it was useful.  If it is, I can host regular
> calls.

Keith,

Thanks for suggesting this and offering to host it. I hope it can be
useful.

And obviously, we wouldn't want anybody to feel left out of any
discussion or decision here. Anyone interested is welcome to join the
call. And we'll definitely take notes and post them here.

If there are technical measures we should take to help more people be
able to participate, we would be glad to consider them. For instance,
would a recording of a call be useful to anyone? That seems unlikely to
me, but it probably wouldn't be too hard to do.

> Please send suggested topics to the list and I'll put together a proposed
> schedule for the meeting.

Here's an agenda item I'd like to discuss:

* Cairo release strategy
	What should be in 1.0?
	When should 1.0 be?
	Shall we start doing timed releases? Schedule?

One important consideration for scheduling is that GTK+ is planning to
integrate cairo for it'2 2.8 release in mid 2005:

	http://www.gtk.org/plan/2.8/

So I think that means we should aim for cairo 1.0 for Spring 2005.