[cairo] Cairo developers conference call 2004-10-19 18:00 UTC

Ravindra rkumar at novell.com
Fri Oct 15 08:46:09 PDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 20:41, Carl Worth wrote:
> Yes, we'd love to hear requirements that anyone has, especially as we
> start gearing up for a 1.0 release next spring.
>
> Please feel free to post things here on the list and/or discuss them on
> the call.

Thanks Carl!

Following are some of the requirements. All are followed by a WHY
statement. I talked to you about some of these before also. Please don't
mind, if you find something is repeated.

1. Antialiasing

WHY: We don't want antialiasing always on. We would like to set it
on/off as required. If you see our SWF output, you would know why do we
need this.

2. Lines with single end cap
3. Lines with different end caps for both the ends
4. End caps for dashes in a line
5. PathGradient pattern

WHY: These requirements are actually based on the features provided by
MS GDI+. To provide the similar features in System.Drawing, we need
Cairo to support these features or provide us a way to do all these.

6. Support for Bitwise operations for drawing stuff like self erasing
line

WHY: We need this functionality for SWF library.

I hope this list does not look too long. Please let me know, if Cairo
already has a way to get any of these done. I would like to know, if I
overlooked anything in Cairo.

Thanks and regards,
 - Ravi