[cairo] A hidden offset for the xlib backend

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Sun Sep 5 15:35:24 PDT 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 17:29, Jost Boekemeier wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-09-05 at 21:27, Owen Taylor wrote:
>
> > But the problem here is that this translation does leak out to
> > the user if they use, e.g, cairo_transform_point(),
> > cairo_inverse_transform_point().
>
> Depends on how you want to implement it.  You could give the user an
> intermediate surface to draw onto and then compose it onto the real
> drawable.  During composition you have the chance to move the drawable
> into the right position.  Would that work?

Situation here might be we are exposing a small 100x100 region
in the middle of a 10,000x10,000 pixel window. The backing
pixmap is created 100x100 pixels instead of 10,000x10,000
pixels for obvious performance reasons.

Creating another intermediate pixmap at 5100x5100 pixels
probably isn't the best solution here ...:-)

Regards,
						Owen