[cairo] cairo_matrix_t

Owen Taylor otaylor at redhat.com
Tue Sep 7 12:12:23 PDT 2004

On Tue, 2004-09-07 at 14:31, Keith Packard wrote:
> Around 9 o'clock on Sep 7, Bill Spitzak wrote:
>
> > The only good reason for the current implementation is for thread safety.
>
> The other reason is that we can extend the matrix specification without
> affecting existing programs.  It would be nice to support projective
> transformations at some point, but we don't know how to stroke curves under
> such a transformation yet.

What would a program/routine that calls cairo_matrix_get_affine() do if
it suddenly got a non-affine matrix?

There is also a good possibility of program/routines making an
assumption of translation invariance .... I don't have much experience
with projective transforms, but it sounds a little mind-binding.

Regards,
						Owen